Brakes are one of the most important parts of your vehicle, but it’s easy to forget about them until they start acting up. Don’t worry – we offer a complete range of brake maintenance and repair services to help put a stop to any brake issues you encounter.
Signs of brake problems
Driving with faulty brakes is dangerous for everyone on the road, so it’s important to be on the lookout for the following signs of faulty or failing brakes:
- New sounds when braking – If you’re hearing knocking, squeaking, rattling, grinding or any other unusual sound when you apply your brakes, you may need to have your brake pads and rotors serviced.
- Brake fluid beneath your vehicle – Seeing a yellow or dark-brown liquid pooling on the ground under your car? That’s probably brake fluid and could mean you have a brake fluid leak.
- Dashboard warning lights – Your Brake, Anti-lock Braking System (ABS) or Check Engine light all indicate that there may be an issue with your brakes.
- Shaking or vibrating when braking – Your rotors may be warped if you’re experiencing rough stops. However, a pulsing brake pedal may just be your ABS doing its job.
- Spongy or soft brakes – You may have an issue in your brake fluid lines or brake shoes.
- Stiff or hard brakes – Stiff brakes suggest that you may have contaminants in your brake fluid or a bad seal on the master cylinder or brake booster.
- Vehicle pulling to one side during braking – This usually indicates that you have faulty brake hardware or an uneven hydraulic issue.
There are no reviews yet.